If you’re like most people, you probably don’t give much thought to your teeth unless they’re giving you trouble. But just like the rest of your body, your teeth need regular care and attention to stay healthy. That’s why it’s vital to visit a dentist regularly, even if you don’t have any problems with your teeth.
If you’re not sure when you last saw a dentist in Mundelein, or if it’s been a while, here are some signs that it might be time to make an appointment.
1. You have pain or sensitivity in your teeth. This could be a sign of tooth decay or gum disease.
2. You have a lot of plaque buildup on your teeth. Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that can harden into tartar if it’s not removed regularly. Tartar can cause gum inflammation and tooth decay.
3. You have gingivitis, which is a mild form of gum disease. Symptoms include red, swollen, or bleeding gums.
4. You notice changes in your teeth, such as discoloration, chips, or cracks.
5. You have a bad taste in your mouth or bad breath that doesn’t go away with brushing and flossing.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, it’s important to see a dentist so they can diagnose and treat the problem before it gets worse. In the meantime, be sure to brush twice a day and floss daily to keep your teeth and gums healthy. When you’re ready to make your appointment, visit North Suburban Dental of Mundelein and contact the team today.